[mythtv-users] CC Problem: Can't enable VBI recording?

Nedim Cholich nedim.cholich at gmail.com
Sat May 27 13:25:03 UTC 2006

I have noticed that some of my recorded shows either don't have CC (and they
should) or the CC is garbled (intangible). I search through the log but the
only thing I could see are these two lines.

2006-05-26 16:18:32.640 Can't enable VBI recording (2)
vbi: Invalid argument

Further googling explains that vbi is indeed used to carry the closed
caption info, so I'm suspecting it somehow gets drooped when recorded.

Is this a know issue? Any insights into whats happening here?

Thanks.