[mythtv-users] Is there any way to get more than 1 input from a satellite tuner?

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Sun May 28 13:30:59 UTC 2006

If the STBs have serial ports, you should change channels that way.  You can
then hide the boxes anywhere.  Of course, you need to have enough serial
ports but there are PCI cards that offer up to 4 ports per card I think.

Personally, I use the separate backend scenario.  That way, if something
happens to the front end or one of the plugins, the backend is still
recording.  Plus, I can hide the entire backend and STBs downstairs and keep
the nice pretty front end PC near the TV.