[mythtv-users] latest kernel from ATRPMs and modules - 2111?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 20:29:12 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 12:39:54PM -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> I've seen that kernel updates have been in "testing" on atrpms, but not
>> in "stable." And, the related kernel modules are in "stable. "
>> Axel: am I doing something wrong here? Are we to obtain kernels from
>> somewhere else other than atrpms? Or has 2096 been the last "stable"
>> FC4  kernel from your perspective?
>>

> Didn't I just answer that on another mailing list? ;)

You may have, and my sincere apologies to all for the double post... I'm
very acquainted with netiquette.... and I just forgot to CC: atrpms ml
... long weekend... tired... long driving..
enough excuses...
> Anyway that's what I answered on another list:
>
> On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 09:51:41PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
>> I think you're mixing up the classical kernel rpms with the suspend2
>> kernels that are in atrpms-testing so that you don't accidentially
>> use them by default.
>>
>> ATrpms doesn't tag any other kernel rpms in any way. When Red Hat
>> puts a kernel rpm in updates-testing, it will appear there at
>> ATrpms, too. When RH moves it to updates-released, it will
>> automagically move at ATrpms, too. E.g. the latest kernel is
>>
>> http://dl.atrpms.net/fc5-i386/redhat/updates/kernel-2.6.16-1.2111_FC5.i686.rpm
>>
>> as it should be.

Ah... so that's my problem. I don't have ...redhat/updates in my SPMgr.
How the heck did I get updates before? That's baffling...

Thanks.. I'm updating now and I appreciate the fine atrpms service!

 brad