[mythtv-users] Backend quits functioning

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon May 29 22:42:33 UTC 2006

Austin Roberts wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running MythTV 0.18 on an Ubuntu Dapper Drake beta system. I seem
> to have three different kinds of issues in which the backend stops
> functioning.
>
> The first is that it just quits. The daemon dies, and it's gone. It
> never seems to do this in the middle of recording something, so if
> that were the extent of my problems I'd just set up a monitor to
> restart it when it dies.
You can compile in debugging mode to capture a backtrace of the segfault
when it happens but being that 0.18 is superceded by 0.19, someone
generating a fix (unless it is still a bug in 0.19+) is unlikely.

> The second (and most frequent) scenario is that it doesn't quit, but
> somehow "loses" the list of shows its supposed to record, and doesn't
> record anything until I restart the backend.
Are you running MySQL 5?  If so, there is ample information in the lists
about why this happens.

Kevin