[mythtv-users] MythArchive. Runs but I have serious problems.

Lukas Kasprowicz lukas.kasprowicz at online.de
Tue May 30 13:36:07 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 30.05.2006, 06:10 -0700 schrieb
drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com:
> Last night I got MythArchive working on gentoo but after archiving a show to an iso
> I have two problems. The first is ffmpeg took way too long. I am running on a dual

ffmpeg should only run, when show is not in dvd compatible format. dvb
recordings should be almost in dvd compatible format.

> time should be 10 to 15 minutes. Also the video is very jerkey when played on a
It takes ~30 minutes for creating dvd from remote dvb recordings for me.

If it was a low quality xvid or something else it is normal.
> standalone player as it creshed ogle right after the menu on the linux box. I

Have you tested it with xine or mplayer to exclude a ogle bug?

> believe the log has some warnings that may be of interest:

> video DTS inconsistent:  0:25:33.197  0:25:33.197  0:25:33.264  0:25:32.764 diff:
> 0:00:00.066
>
> I have checked and the original does not have this problem.

This comes from mythreplex. The file seems to have a A/V diff of 66ms
does this come only for a few minutes in the video? the time is the
position in the video file. This happenes sometimes. Maybe through a old
mythtranscode.

If the av is for the whole video out of sync you should sync it. You can
find out the diff with tcprobe (take a look on mpeg2cut from nuvexport)

You should give some more information e.g. input file type ...

Lukas