[mythtv-users] OT: Anyone running an ATI Radeon (9000) with a VGA-SCART adapter (PAL)

Simon Levitt maillists at whattf.com
Tue May 30 14:39:22 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 14:22, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Ah. I think that is an ATI specific thing that relies on the ATI cards
> being able to output fully PAL compatible signals - most other cards
> need a sync converter circuit in the cable and nobody seems to sell
> those.

I found these a while ago whilst I was looking:

http://www.focusinfo.com/solutions/catalog.asp?id=151

Difficult to get the version I wanted in the UK (the PCI one); UK distributor
didn't stock so wouldn't do sale or return. Also didn't respond about
willingness to investigate Linux based drivers.

Made my own in the end - Black screen results probably not as good, but a lot
cheaper!

Simon.,