[mythtv-users] Getting teletext working on a PVR350

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Wed May 31 00:22:59 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> 0.19-fixes
>>>
>> If you are using the built-in MPEG decoder on the PVR-350 for video out
>> (i.e. you have the "Use the PVR-350s MPEG decoder" box checked under
>> Setup) then you need to use your TVs teletext decoder, not the one in
>> Myth.
>>

> This is no longer true now that Myth has support for ivtv vbi.  You can
> use either the MythTV OSD or the TV's caption decoding.

What type of setup do you use to pass the data to the TV if you're not
using the PVR-350s MPEG decoder? What would prevent you from having both
decoders active at the same time?

In my experience, the caption data is not present in the video signal
unless you are using the built-in MPEG decoder; with that option off
it's not passed on to the TV for decoding so you're forced to use Myth's
built-in decoder.

Daniel

Daniel