[mythtv-users] PVR-150(non-mce) Sound Quality (was Re: (no subject))

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 31 15:20:21 UTC 2006

On 05/31/2006 09:24 AM, cweisiger at i-55.com wrote:
> I have decent cables. If I use the cables hooked directly to my tv. The audio
> quality is like it is suppose to be...
>
> pvr-150 is /dev/video1
>
> if I run from the command line: mplayer /dev/video1
>
> the audio is like it is suppose to be

Sounds like you've got the volume for the recording profile set too high
for the PVR-150 (but the PVR-350 deals with it better--or uses a
different profile).  Try lowering it a bit (90% or 80% or so).  Note
that this is not the playback volume ("Master Mixer Volume" and "PCM
Mixer Volume" settings) in the "General" section of frontend settings.
It's the volume in the recording profiles--and please update all of them
for the test to ensure you see a change.

Mike