[mythtv-users] Error message starting up mythbackend (mysql privilege tables)

David Pettit wo9m at charter.net
Wed May 31 22:31:14 UTC 2006

I get the following error upon boot-up.  I tried running the script from the
command line with user and password information and it runs correctly,
however I still get this message at boot-up.  How do I get this to go away
(or can I)?

David

>Starting MythTV server: mythbackendThis script updates all the mysql
privilege tables to >be usable by MySQL 4.0 and above.

>This is needed if you want to use the new GRANT functions, CREATE AGGREGATE
FUNCTION, >stored procedures, or more secure passwords in 4.1

>Got a failure from command:

>cat /usr/share/mysql/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql | /usr/bin/mysql
--no-defaults -->force --user=mysql --host=localhost --database=mysql

>Please check the above output and try again.

>Running the script with the --verbose option may give you some information
of what went >wrong.

>If you get an 'Access denied' error, you should run this script again and
give the MySQL >root user password as an argument with the --passwordoption.