[mythtv-users] WISH: "Surf Mode" like ATI Media Center

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Nov 1 07:14:00 UTC 2006

    Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:40:08 -0800
    From: "Dwight Hubbard" <dwight.hubbard at gmail.com>

    How about instead of tuning between a bunch of different channels do a grid
    snapshot view of all the programs in the recorded program list.

Doesn't help the reason -I- was intrigued by the OP's idea, but might
be interesting to others.

(Such a view wouldn't save any bandwidth if I'm poking through things
while travelling, and is less useful for actually manipulating the
recordings.  And since it's -after- the recordings have happened, it's
no good for warning me that something has flaked out.  [The problem
is, since I never see anything live, a flakeout is -guaranteed- to
destroy some number of recordings before I notice.  But a convenient
grid tossed up, say, every couple of hours into a spare browser window
is something I might notice.])