[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy Wiki

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 14:33:17 UTC 2006

David,

  I would not call this definitive by any stretch but on my system (I
followed the same instructions by the way) I run mythfrontend as "mythtv".
The backend gets run at startup from /etc/init.d so I assume the backend is
running as root.

  So to answer your question, I think you should do automatic login as
mythtv (since I know for sure it works for the manual process).

P.S. - I thought it was somewhat odd that those instructions go directly to
automatic login as part of the process.  Personally, I would add that later
since it is such a minor issue (and easy to get working).

--
Mike