[mythtv-users] mythfrontend loses focus?

sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com
Thu Nov 2 14:57:33 UTC 2006

Any help/suggestions, would be appreciated.
For the third time, I figure I would try to get my MythTV computer
setup
so that after starting the frontend on my Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350 TV
out
port... I can switch the virtual terminal/console so that I can
continue to using the computer.

The problem that I run into every time and for each configuration I've
tried, is that the mythfrontend stops responding to infrared signals.
I can successfully switch virtual consoles and continue using the
computer, but as soon as you make the switch
to a different console the infrared signals are ignored.

This most recent attempt, I followed the instructions here:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Auto_Login

In the past I was using Slackware 9.1 with MythTV .16,
now I'm using Slackware 10.2 and MythTV .18.1
however, I run everything as root.

I thought maybe it was an issue with mythfrontend losing focus.
I tried altering the .lircrc from the supplied format of

	begin
	    prog = mythtv
	    button = Ch+
	    repeat = 3
	    config = Up
	end

to using "irxevent" and the format of

	begin
        	prog = irxevent
	        remote = hauppaugegrey
	        button = CH+
	        repeat = 3
	        config = Key Up mythfrontend
	end

but this doesn't help at all. I've generally use mythfrontend
without a window manager, but I gave  fvwm a try as described
on the webpage, but get the same result.

The scripts I use to kick of the mythfrontend include

#!/bin/sh
/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit /share/startXrc -- /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg :1 -
layout "Hauppauge Layout"

	and

#!/bin/sh
#exec /usr/local/bin/irxevent &