[mythtv-users] OT: Small, quiet, inexpensive case?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Nov 2 15:33:19 UTC 2006

I realize this is a bit off-topic, but with all of the experience people
have had on this list with HTPC's, it would be worth-while to ask.

Is there such a thing as a a small (MicroATX) case that is quiet, cool,
and moderately inexpensive?

I'm looking for something that will fit in a place that a typical DVD
player, set top box, or receiver would fit in to (typical space
available is about 16" deep, but you need to compensate for the
cables).  The key thing is that I need to have access to the DVD/CDROM
drive, so the idea of hiding the machine off to the side and exposing
only the IR receiver unfortunately won't work. :(

As I browsed around, the only thing that I could find was something
like:
(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1800610&sku=ULT33114).

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, or what other
style of cases that others have come across (and their experiences with
them).

Thanks!
-Rich