[mythtv-users] mythfrontend loses focus?

sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com
Thu Nov 2 17:51:18 UTC 2006

In the past, during my first two attempts at this, I wondered if it
had something to do with MythTV using it's own LIRC functionality...
but if I remember correctly, they were just reading the infrared
events from the device, not really bypassing the LIRC software.

I had tried it with "irxevent" and mythfrontend responds
appropriately, until I switch virtual consoles... but I did read up on
http://www.lirc.org/html/irxevent.html since last night, and they have
a "RootWindow" option for specifying which to send the irxevent(s) to.
I'm thinking that maybe, if I go back to using no window manager, and
just have irxevent sent to RootWindow, mythfrontend should be the only
window open... I'm thinking that should eliminate any focus issues
that might be occurring.

Although, I'm still not sure that this is even a focus issue, it just
continues to smell like one. Any more thoughts/suggestions?