[mythtv-users] Accessing MythWeb through firewall

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 2 20:10:40 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Why don't you go ahead and open port 80 and turn on Authentication in Apache?
>
> Good question - because my ISP blocks port 80 incoming requests which
> is a bit of a bummer.

Odds are they don't block port 443.  As a bonus, you get a secure
connection...even authentication (which you should also use) is secured, IIRC,
which is good.  My Mythbox is connected through a router to a residential
cable-modem account, and port 443 works fine (the router forwards inbound
traffic on that port to the Mythbox).

  _/_