[mythtv-users] Can't get MythArchive to work

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 03:25:00 UTC 2006

Re: Can't get MythArchive to work  [In reply to]

I know this does not solve the problem for the show
(or any other recorded shows you have) you have now
however to avoid the ffmpeg reencode step (which takes
forever) you need to setup mythTV to record at 720 X
480. This is done in myth-setup. Don't worry this will
not make the file size any bigger and it does not
appear to make the quality any worse either. This is
assuming that you are using a card that supports this
resolution (hauppage cards do). A second way to avoid
this step is to select the option in mytharchive to
not reencode to standard dvd (I am not sure of the
exact wording of that check box). This will avoid the
reencoding but it will create a dvd that will not be
watchable on all standalone dvd players.

John

Man this is brutal. I can't figure out what it's doing
some recordings at least start the ffmpeg procedure
and some of them give me an error and terminate. No
change in the recording profiles yet I can't figure
out why some stop at ffmpeg and some don't. I took a
small recording and tried burning it to a DVD (Create
DVD). My other mplex errors were as a result of the
video getting out of sync with the audio so I figured
a small recording wouldn't have the chance to get out
of sync. Everthing went along okay and then when it
started to burn the DVD, I get this error.

Burning ISO image to /dev/sr0

Executing 'mkisofs -dvd-video -V MythTV BurnDVD
/var/video/tmp//work/dvd | builtin_dd of=/dev/sr0
obs=32k seek=0'
  6.64% done, estimate finish Thu Nov  2 17:48:20 2006
 13.29% done, estimate finish Thu Nov  2 17:48:20 2006
 19.92% done, estimate finish Thu Nov  2 17:48:25 2006
/dev/sr0: restarting DVD+RW format...
/dev/sr0: "Current Write Speed" is 4.1x1385KBps.
:-[ WRITE at LBA=0h failed with SK=4h/ASC=08h/ACQ=03h]:
Input/output error
:-( write failed: Input/output error
ERROR: Retrying to start growisofs after reload.
mkisofs: Broken pipe. cannot fwrite 32768*1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py",
line 3600, in ?
    processJob(job)
  File
"/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py",
line 3442, in processJob
    BurnDVDISO()
  File
"/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py",
line 1480, in BurnDVDISO
    r = ioctl(f,CDROMEJECT, 0)
IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

The error I get on some of the recordings happens at
this step. I cut and pasted this command into a
terminal window and I didn't get any errors yet
MythArchive gives an error and boots me.

ffmpeg -y -f s16le -ar 44100 -ac 2 -i
/var/video/tmp//work/1/audout -f rawvideo -pix_fmt
yuv420p -s 480x480 -aspect 1.33333 -r 0.0333667 -i
/var/video/tmp//work/1/vidout -aspect 1.33333 -r
0.0333667 -s 720x480 -b 4771k -vcodec mpeg2video -qmin
5 -ab 192 -ar 48000 -acodec ac3 -f dvd
"/var/video/tmp//work/1/newfile2.mpg"

I do find it odd that the path is // in between tmp
and work.

Anyone know how to resolve the above issues?