[mythtv-users] Microsoft MCE Remote - Mute Button

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Nov 3 03:33:31 UTC 2006

>> On Thursday 02 November 2006 09:23, Michael MacLeod wrote:
>> > From my .lircrc:
>> >
>> > begin
>> >     prog = mythtv
>> >     button = Mute
>> >     config = F9
>> > end

>> In my case I had to change the definition to use "|" because F9 via the
>> keyboard or the remote wasn't being recognized.
>
> Sorry, I wasn't too clear.  :)  Yes, I can program through Myth, but I
> was wondering if it was programmable on the remote, like the TV Power
> and Volume buttons are.  I'd prefer to have it mute the TV instead of
> muting Myth.

Why not use an IR blaster in front of the TV and trap the Mute code from
the remote using irexec within the mythtv box, which then calls a shell
script that sends the correct code on the IR blaster to the TV to mute it.

Thats what I do for my home theatre system and the TV (just to turn them
on/off).

--
Robin Gilks