[mythtv-users] Myth and Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250

nik gibson nik.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 05:07:27 UTC 2006

Hello,

*Can MythTV control and change channels on my existing cable box (Scientific
Atlanta Explorer 3250) through firewire?  From my research I see that the
code exists and it should be able to do it through firewire the way it works
with the *DCT-6200 series box.

It's not working for me at the moment, it seems to change to random
channels.  I have it set in the input section of mythtvsetup to tune to
channel 702 and it goes to 632...  It's great that it can apparently change
the channel; now I just need to fine tune it.
I have an ir blaster that is working on an Explorer 2100 box and I may try
it on the 3250 but I'm thinking it may need a different remoted.conf file.
I would love to omit the ir blaster and just do it through firewire.

Thanks

-Nik-