[mythtv-users] mythtv, hd, nvidia, oh my!

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Fri Nov 3 16:56:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 09:05:58PM -0600, Michael Wisniewski wrote:

> I'm sorry, I failed to mention that the avi plays just fine on hd480i.
>
> Either way, I'll try VLC and see what happens.

1080i playback bug with sync enabled is pretty well documented in the wiki &
FAQ.  Add the following to the .Xsession file for the user that runs
mythfrontend:

/usr/bin/nvidia-settings --assign="XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank=0" \
--assign="XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank=0" \
--assign "SyncToVBlank=0" &> ~/SyncToVBlank.txt

(assuming you have the nvidia-settings program)
It turns off the sync to vblank.  Someday maybe this driver bug will get fixed
(but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.....)

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"