[mythtv-users] mpeg over nfs

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 20:14:10 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, David Chapman <linux-lists at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I have put together a new Myth box using KnoppMyth R5D1 and the wife
> (she who must be obeyed) wants her old recordings back.
>
>   My plan seemed a simple one.
> Share /mnt/store over nfs on /myth/video and play them on the new
> mythbox recording them onto the standalone DVD recorder.
> The recordings play but without sound.
>
> Can you tell me where my plan fails.
>
> Many thanks
> Dave

won't be an NFS issue. The player / setup doesn't like the sound
from the file... has nothing to do with NFS. My 2TB nas
box is mounted using nfs and cifs. Things play fine over
the network.

Why are you putting this on a DVD to 'store' them... you can
load the .mpeg files into mythtv and just merge in the old
shows...

jack