[mythtv-users] which resolution on a 16:10 lcd?

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 19:36:53 UTC 2006

On 11/4/06, Marco Nelissen <marcone at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >Hi.
> >I've bought an acer LCD 19'' 16:10 aspect ratio; the monitor supports 1440x900.
> >My primary use for mythtv is watching tv (analogic signal or dvb-t,
> >PAL) and divx/dvd.
> >With the 4:3 CRT I had, I used 720x576, but now with the new monitor I
> >don't know wich resolution use.
> >
> >Can anyone suggest me?
> >the lcd is an acer AL1916W.
>
> LCD displays should preferably be run in their native resolution, unless their
> built-in scaling is really, really good. So, since the native resolution of
> your display is 1440x900, you should define a modeline for that resolution,
> then let MythTV scale everything to that resolution.

thanks for the answer.
I got a modeline and now the text is really really clear.
but...
for xine (mythdvd), mplayer (mythvideo) and tvtime (direct tv... I
added a button in the menu) and for mythtv, what I've to modify in
order to let mythtv (or xine, mplayer, tvtime) scale everything?

thank you
antani

thank