[mythtv-users] Onboard sound is getting confused with capture card (pchdtv)

mythtv at lrlart.com mythtv at lrlart.com
Sun Nov 5 03:54:11 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm battling by fc5 installation trying to get the onboard sound card to
load in the same order on each reboot. My motherboard is a k8ngm2-fid
with onboard audio. I also have a pchdtv-5500 card that shows up as a
sound device:

[root at lrlart mythtv]# cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [CX8801 ]: CX88x - Conexant CX8801
Conexant CX8801 at 0xfc000000
1 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
HDA NVidia at 0xf7fd0000 irq 217

Sometimes on reboot the order switches and the NVidia is card 0 and the
pchdtv card is card 1. The alsa drivers appear to always attach to card
0, so when the system boots up in the order above sound does not work
(but the reverse order does).

My modprobe.conf is:

alias eth0 forcedeth
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_nv
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
install snd-hda-intel /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install
snd-hda-intel && { /sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss; /bin/true; }
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-8774
alias nvidia nvidia-1_0-8774

I've tried other variations on the modprobe.conf, but with no luck. How
do I can I force the nvidia onboard sound to load as card 0? Thanks for
any help!

Mike