[mythtv-users] one recording keeps skipping

Kurt Yoder ktymyth at yoderhome.com
Sun Nov 5 04:47:26 UTC 2006

On Nov 1, 2006, at 10:54 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> On 10/30/06, Kurt Yoder <ktymyth at yoderhome.com> wrote:
>> Hi list
>>
>> One of my recordings that recorded this evening always drops multiple
>> seconds. It's almost like it's fast-forwarding through the whole
>> recording. I checked the playback rate, and the recording is supposed
>> to be playing at 1.0. I turned off commercial auto-skip to ensure
>> that it wasn't auto-skip going berserk. I'm pretty sure the problem
>> is not in the channel: I quickly paused a few times in a row, and the
>> progress meter at the top showed 7 seconds elapsing between each
>> pause, even though the time between my key-presses was nowhere near 7
>> seconds.
>>
>> So what's going on here? Other recordings from this channel earlier
>> in the day are fine. Another recording from a different channel later
>> in the day is fine. Only this one program is doing this. What is
>> causing this problem?
>
> source? you try rebuilding the seek table?

How do I rebuild the seek table? There's something on it here:

http://www.myhdbox.com/mythtips/

But it looks like it wants to rebuild the seek table for all the .nuv
files. I have a lot of recordings, so can I do it on only one file?

Also, I don't appear to have a myth.rebuilddatabase.pl from my debian
packages. I had previously installed from source and found this
script in my 0.18 sources. However now I'm running 0.19. Can I still
use the script from 0.18 or should I download it from somewhere?

--

Kurt Yoder
http://yoderhome.com