[mythtv-users] Myth vs. Sage vs. Beyond

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 05:08:01 UTC 2006

> On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 12:53 -0800, Joe Votour wrote:
>
>> except
>> in the video output department, where they use the advanced rendering
>> abilities of Windows codecs), and Daniel K. (and others?) is/are working
>> on OpenGL-based rendering, which I think will rock.
>
> If you are using an nVidia card you can try the patch on
> #2649 by Mark Kendall. Stanley Kamithi and Mark Kendall
> are working on getting this working with ATI cards. It
> will all go in the mythtv-vid branch which is being
> tracked on ticket #2123. The mythtv-vid branch will allow
> you to use different rendering methods and filters with
> different resolutions which should help people with mixed
> SDTV/HDTV MythTV installations.
>
> -- Daniel

Daniel,

At this point, we're diverging from the original subject of the thread,
but...

I just installed the mythtv-vid branch with the patches from ticket 2649,
and I must say that I'm highly impressed with the number of configuration
options available.

I'm guessing that this part isn't finished yet, but I'll ask anyway - the
OSD is still rendered in the same surface as the video, right?  (In other
words, there's no way to have a full-width OSD in 720p mode when watching
720x480 content.)

Otherwise, it's looking pretty good, I'll play around with the
configuration options a bit more over the next few days.  The OpenGL
rendering is pretty slick, I can watch the ticker on CNN without using Bob
and it's stable, but the ESPN tickers are not.  Ah well, back to Bob for
non-HD content.

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com