[mythtv-users] Couple of questions on DVDs (MythArchive)

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 07:49:14 UTC 2006

I finally got MythArchive to burn a DVD. I did learn a
few things. Make sure you wait until the video is
fully processed if you have commercial detection on
and that setting the audio to video time base to
correct sync issues on LiveTV causes issues with
MythArchive (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyhow, is there a way to set overscan on recordings.
I know you can in playback for live TV and recorded
programs but you can see the overscan issues a bit
when viewing a DVD since I don't see how to set it.

Also, I burned a DVD and then I looked at it with the
V4L viewer on Linux and it played without problems. I
figured I'd download V4L for Windows and try to view
the DVD on the windows laptop but V4L said the DVD
wasn't formated properly. I tried a regular CD and
both of them play on V4L either platform.

When burning the DVD, I set it to have menus. I
noticed a menu was created for chapters and the
chapters page had a thumbnail image of each chapter. I
could see the pages created just by navigating to the
device in Linux. When I play the DVD, I get the
opening MythTV sequence and then it goes to the page
that shows each show. I click on this and the DVD
plays. I never saw a way to get to the chapters page.
Hoe do I view the chapter page while viewing a DVD?

Thanks