[mythtv-users] Advice on running multiple versions

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 13:23:02 UTC 2006

I currently have MythTV installed such that it uses the version I got via
apt-get.  If I build from SVN, is there a simple way to be able to have
multiple versions installed on the same machine and still have everything
work properly.  For example, if I have the version from the Ubuntu
repository installed it seems like all those versions are in my path so it
would be difficult to get things working properly with a SVN build because
it would constantly be running binaries from the path (non SVN versions).

Is there a standard procedure for doing this?

Also, is there a way to know whether running a newer version of MythTV is
going be "break" the database so you can't go back to an older version?

Thanks.

--
Mike