[mythtv-users] Xine vs. Internal with DVD .iso images

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Sun Nov 5 19:10:21 UTC 2006

After updating to MythTV .20 from .19 the default player is moved to
"Internal" for the .iso file type. I used to have xine as my player
because it was smoother with XvMC on my NVidia card. The new internal
player will act jerky when the screen is making lots of changes (like
xine/mplayer did before XvMC). I have been unable to correct this, and I
would like to go back to Xine but it no longer works. I used to use "xine
-pdfq --nosplash dvd://%s" and now I get a demux failure. I tried by hand
to start xine and open an .iso, same problem. If I mount the .iso and
browse to the first .VOB, it plays.

For those Gentoo users, I am sure Xine was updated when I updated MythTV.
It is now at v0.99.5. (not sure what I had earlier) I suspect this may
just a Xine issue but I have found nothing to explain it other than a few
threads on USENET groups saying that Xine can have issues with the iso9660
format. They all reference version older than I have, and this "used to
work".

I'd like to have Xine working, does anyone else using Xine v0.99.5 with
DVD .iso images have an idea what I can do?

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
CCDA, CCNP, CCSP, CCAI,