[mythtv-users] OT - Antenna tuning/aiming

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Nov 5 19:25:12 UTC 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On Nov 5, 2006, at 8:53 AM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>>

>>> My problem station is KNTV (11-1). It is the only one that doesn't
>>> quite
>>> come in. It worked better if I skewed the antenna 45degrees. The
>>> stations didn't seem to be effected much.
>>>

>> I have the same exact problem. I've resigned myself to removing that
>> channel and recording it off DirecTV instead.
>>
> Where are you located? I'm south of Hwy85/Hwy17

I'm in the southern part of SF between Glen Park and Excelsior. I'm
south of Diamond Heights, so I don't think the hill is getting in the
way. I suspect KNTV's broadcast signal just sucks. It's worse in the
fog (I live right on the edge of the fog, so some days I get it
better than others). We're heading into rainy season now so I'll see
if that has any effect.