[mythtv-users] OT - Antenna tuning/aiming

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 19:47:06 UTC 2006

> On Nov 5, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>>> I have the same exact problem. I've resigned myself to removing that
>>> channel and recording it off DirecTV instead.
>>>
>> Where are you located? I'm south of Hwy85/Hwy17
>
> I'm in the southern part of SF between Glen Park and Excelsior. I'm
> south of Diamond Heights, so I don't think the hill is getting in the
> way. I suspect KNTV's broadcast signal just sucks. It's worse in the
> fog (I live right on the edge of the fog, so some days I get it
> better than others). We're heading into rainy season now so I'll see
> if that has any effect.

I'm in Fremont,and have no problems with KNTV.  My problem is mainly with
KPIX/CBS (5.1) and KGO/ABC (7.x).

I find that where I am, everything except for FOX (KTVU) is basically hit
or miss (luckily more hit than miss).  Granted, I have some trees in front
of my apartment (but the antenna is high up, I live on the second story).

One thing to consider is that if you believe antennaweb.org, KNTV is not
actually UHF, it is VHF.  That might have something to do with it.

I'm using a SquareShooter 2000 pointed in a direction that is roughly
towards the Sutro Tower and Mt. San Bruno and receive most of those
channels quite well.

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com