[mythtv-users] skipping forward not working right anymore

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 5 21:12:39 UTC 2006

Marco Nelissen wrote:
> All of a sudden skip-forward during playback doesn't work right anymore.
> It used to be instantaneous, but now whenever I skip there is a very
> noticable delay and a distortion of the image that takes several
> seconds to clear up.
> Skipping backwards is still fine, and if I skip back and then forward
> again, it is fine too. It's as if reading from disk has gotten extremely
> slow, except it isn't: I still get over 50MB/second reading from disk.
> Anyone ever seen symptoms like this?
>
> _
I could be all wrong but it sounds similar to the skip problem I was
having. Somehow my seek tables on some recordings got screwed up and
would cause various playback problems. What fixed it for me was to run
mythcomflag with the --rebuild option. Although it took a while I just
had it rebuild the seek tables of all recordings with --rebuild --all

Try it on one of your problem recordings.

Another thought.... Are you running the optimize_mythdb.pl script out of
the contribs folder? That could also be the answer to your troubles.