[mythtv-users] Unable to Stream TV Recordings from Mythweb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Nov 6 00:25:23 UTC 2006

> I think you might be on to something here. As soon as I see this, I'm thinking
> they should be owned by apache.
>
> Is this a case of needing to chown -R apache:apache /var/www/mythweb

judging from the perms on data/, that'd probably be www-data:www-data on
your system.  That might help.

> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root       17 Oct 20 20:12 image_cache -> /myth/image_cache
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root       11 Oct 20 20:12 music -> /myth/music
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root       11 Oct 20 20:12 music_dir -> /myth/music
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root       11 Oct 20 20:12 music_url -> /myth/music
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root        8 Oct 20 20:12 video_dir -> /myth/tv
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root       19 Oct 20 20:12 video_img -> /myth/video/.covers
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root       11 Oct 20 20:12 video_url -> /myth/video

All of these can be deleted.  They've been moved into the data/
directory in this version of mythweb.

I think the problem is still a corrupted upgrade.  I really do recommend
that you grab mythweb from the fixes branch in svn and replace your
entire setup with it (the only thing that might give you trouble is
includes/mythbackend.php, since there was a mythproto bump in the fixes
branch that your distro may or may not have grabbed in your packages).
But if you don't want to do that, I'd recommend blowing away your
mythweb setup completely and reinstalling.

-Chris