[mythtv-users] How many PVR cards can one system take?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 6 04:24:47 UTC 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 8:57 PM, Chris Isip wrote:

> Thanks Guys,
> I am planning on working on this upcoming weekend.
>
> Mike, the KT400 I believe has a VIA chipset, Is this going to be a
> problem?
> Brian, what PCI latency settings did you have to do and how did you
> do them, just in case I run into an issue.

The PCI latency settings I had to deal with are pretty much
documented at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_Latency

This was with an older VIA-based motherboard. I have since switched
to an N-Force-based Asus motherboard (in order to get more PCI slots)
and the default BIOS latency settings were good enough to work
without tweaking with that board.

I now tend to stay away from VIA-based mobos, as they had some
problems with DMA, at least a while back. See the IVTV archives for
more info. This may well be a non-issue with recent boards, but once
bitten...