[mythtv-users] Transcoding for Palm handheld?

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Mon Nov 6 07:18:29 UTC 2006

Dave Pearson wrote:
> If you search this mailing list for pdatranscode you'll find
> everything you need. The script may even be right for creating files
> for the Palm -it's designed for WinCE devices.
I'm using pdatranscode with this line to transcode to a Palm Tungsten T5:

mencoder -really-quiet -vf scale=480:272 -oac mp3lame -lameopts
mode=0:cbr:br=96 -af volnorm -srate 32000 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=300 -o $VIDEODIR/pda/$TITLE-$STARTTIME.avi  $VIDEODIR/$FILENAME

It works really well.

Cheers,

Jon