[mythtv-users] Xvid and 64bit

wouter lists wouter.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:46:09 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I don know if this is the correct mailing list to ask, but you never know.

I'm having some problems when playing Xvid files: they stutter.

If I play the same file(s) on a Windows PC with ffdshow and Media
player Classic, they play very smooth with no stutter. So I can assume
the xvid files are ok. I don know if it makes any difference, but this
system is 32-bit.

If I play these file(s) on my myth box, they stutter. I have the
problem with mplayer but also with vlc.

It is not a problem of CPU power. Cpu usage is never above 20 %. The
specs of my system: Pentium 4 3Ghz, 1GB ram, Ati radeon X300. It's
running Debian Unstable x86_64 with mplayer and mythtv from
http://www.debian-multimedia.org.

My system is connected to my TV with a vga2scart cable. So I have
followed the instructions on the wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/RGB_Scart.

I'm using the opensource radeon driver. Could the Option
"ForceMinDotClock" "14MHz" cause the stuttering? Or is it the 64-bit
system?

I'm running the system with the irqpoll option otherwise the driver
for my capture card goes nuts. Could this have any influence?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Wouter