[mythtv-users] Going for re-install (old hard disk died) - anybody running pvr150/350 on 2.6.18 kernel?

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 10:48:37 UTC 2006

Hi all,

My hard disk failed which had been running Fedora Core and MythTV for
last 3+ years. The machine was old Gigabyte 7DXR (VIA chipset). Now I
am going for Asus A7N8X-VM/400 (NVidia chipset) in Aria case.

I was using Fedora Core 5 with kernel 2.6.17 with ivtv 0.7. (0.7.0 or
0.7.1 I don't remember exactly)  with maximum stability. Since FC6 is
based on 2.6.18, I want to know if people are using this kernel
without any problems.

Since the case is small, I am using PVR150 instead of PVR350 (which I
had in 7DXR) so that I do not have to worry about cooling (350 gets
hot and I had already got one damaged 3 years ago and learnt the
lesson).

I need to get into running mode ASAP cos I am missing important recordings :)

Vijay