[mythtv-users] setting up the channel information in the UK using publsihed and updated information

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Tue Nov 7 10:17:43 UTC 2006

i live in ireland but this would equally apply to anyone receiving astra
28.2E in the rest of europe.
i have a sky digibox connected to a PVR350 and also a DVB-S card in my
backend.

i would like to set up myth using published information. by this i mean
getting all the channel information
entered by gathering it from the web and filling the various tables in
the database.

things that come to mind include:

the mapping of channel numbers to station names (ala the Sky EPG)
the station icons (from lyngsat-logo)
the XMLID's for the listings and possibly the correct useonair flags
the tuning information (for DVB-S card)

i see people working on various parts of the puzzle. has anybody done
something to complete it?
very now and then i grab various bits of info and have a hack attack
with bits of perl and/or vi

but this is not very repeatable. i would like to find a solution which
doesn't require a whole lot of manual effort.
i'm prepared to code something myself or collaborate with other. if i
get takers then perhaps we should move this to -dev.

regards
--
simon