[mythtv-users] ugly palletized colors for mythfrontend

Michael Larson mythtv at lrlart.com
Tue Nov 7 17:34:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

First of all this is a great resource--and thanks to the very helpful
suggestions in getting my onboard sound to behave in a reliable
fashion.

Now, the next problem I'm working on resolving is that when running the
mythfrontend the color pallet is messed up (it looks like it is only
using 16 colors to render the window). The same is true for the
mythtv-setup app as well. If the mythfrontend only exhibits this
problem when in the foreground (when in the background the colors are
fine).

I'm running 24 bit depth color (nvidia 6150, onboard graphics kn8gm2-fid
mboard). I'm using the nvidia 8774 drivers on fc5 with myth .20

The other thing I've noticed are these errors when starting up the
mythfrontend:

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  146
  Minor opcode:  4
  Resource id:  0x1e00009
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  146
  Minor opcode:  4
  Resource id:  0x1e00009
QGLContext::makeCurrent(): Failed.
QGLContext::makeCurrent(): Failed.
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory

My hunch is that they are related to my problem and there is a mismatch
between the video drivers and mythtv windows calls--but I'm not sure,
just a guess. The drivers/mythtv and fc5 should be up to date though.

thanks for any help--more info below from my system.