[mythtv-users] MythVideo is very slow to load on my system.

Chico Makani chicomakani at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 23:58:56 UTC 2006

> > Recently MythVideo has become extremely slow to
> > display the videos folder. It takes around 30-25
> > seconds to display a folder with 15 files in it.
> Any
> > ideas on what could cause this?  I tried not
> > displaying metadata and it doesn't help.
>
> A ls -lR in that video directory is quick? If you
> invert your options
> (disable file browsing, use only metadata) is it
> fast?

I did try the various view options (gallery, browse,
and listing). I also tried disabling the loading of
Metadata.  None of these changes made a difference.
ls -l was fast, I never tried ls-lR (read your post
too late).  I also tried loading an old videometadata
table, this had mixed results, but it may have been
user error.  I finally fixed the problem by loaded a
database backup.  Thanks!

Lesson learned -- use the automatic database backup
script and understand how to backup and restore the database.