[mythtv-users] My experience with the ratpoison window manager

AWC Lists maillists at awcconsulting.com
Wed Nov 8 12:46:22 UTC 2006

Uh, I think you are most likely using some window manager.  While your
command will just start your application, you are still using the
underlying window manager installed on your system to display MythTV.
(Be it gnome, kde, etc.)

The idea of choosing what window manager to use is to create a smaller
faster OS footprint.  gnome and kde are very large window managers that
load a lot of programs in the background.  By choosing a different, more
compact, windows manager, you can create a machine that run Myth more
efficiently and/or on older hardware.

For my system, if I ran your command, it would still run in gnome as
that is the window manager that X is configured to utilize.

Cheers.