[mythtv-users] nova-t 500

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Nov 8 18:22:00 UTC 2006

On Wed Nov 08, 2006 at 05:58:55PM +0100, Matthias Thyroff wrote:

> Robin Hill schrieb:
> > You'll need to grab the latest v4l-dvb drivers from
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/ (I think you'll have to do a mercurial
> > checkout) and compile against a recent 2.6 kernel.  The remote control
> > is currently not supported, and I've had frequent lockups which I've
> > been told are caused by MythTVs EIT code (i.e. disabling this should
> > prevent the lockups), though I've not reinstalled the card to test this
> > yet.
> >
> Hi Robin,
>
> do you have a link to some information about the problem with the EIT
> code? I ask because I have rather frequent backend crashes here with my
> 0.20, and the last messages in my syslog seem to be always EIT related.
> I am using a NOVA-T card (not 500 I think). I thouhgt it was some db
> problem and thought about reinstalling but I would care to know if it
> could be something else.

I doubt it's anything related - I'm running two Nova-T cards in my
system at the moment, with EIT enabled, and haven't had any crashes.
When I installed the Nova-T-500 I got crashes within a day (it's related
to the on-card USB connection glitching which causes the driver to oops
and mythbackend to lock up).  The only connection with EIT I've had is
that someone else on the v4l-dvb mailing list reported that disabling
EIT had fixed the crashes for them.  I'd already switched my cards back
by then so I've not tried this out myself yet.

Cheers,
        Robin
--
     ___