[mythtv-users] nova-t 500

Janne Grunau janne-mythtvusers at grunau.be
Wed Nov 8 19:14:42 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 17:49, Robin Hill wrote:
> On Wed Nov 08, 2006 at 02:51:36PM +0100, jorge galve wrote:
> > Hi All, i don't know if somebody can help me
> >
> > Anybody know any stable driver for install the nova-t 500 in the
> > mythtv 0.20and the steps for do it?
>
> You'll need to grab the latest v4l-dvb drivers from
> http://www.linuxtv.org/ (I think you'll have to do a mercurial
> checkout)

There are also snapshot tarballs available
(http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?ca=5c72b9677824;type=gz for example).

> I've had frequent lockups
> which I've been told are caused by MythTVs EIT code (i.e. disabling
> this should prevent the lockups),

Without EIT the card isn't used all the time. That this lowers the
probabillity of a crash is not really suprising. Even so good to know.

> though I've not reinstalled the
> card to test this yet.

Please try. I haven't seen a single lockup in the last seven days.
Before I had one lockup each 2-3 days.

Janne