[mythtv-users] Mythtv Front end very slow after upgrqade to Fedora core 6

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 01:48:13 UTC 2006

On 06/11/06, John T. Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:

> I upgraded my fedora 5 installation of mythtv this weekend and am having
> problems with very slow response from the front end.  The menu will fade in
> but it takes over 60 seconds most times to do this.  I did not add any
> hardware this was just an upgrade from fedora core 5 to fedora core 6.

As David suggests, check your OpenGL setup (run glxinfo). I had
exactly the same issue when the new OpenGL painter was introduced (the
OpenGL rendering was being done in software) - switching back to the
Qt painter fixed things up.

The OSS radeon driver now has OpenGL support so I'll be able to use
that with MythTV's OpenGL menus now that the fglrx closed-source
driver no longer supports my 9000-series Radeon cards.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/