[mythtv-users] remote frontends and nfs

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 02:56:08 UTC 2006

Well after a bunch of hours it turned out to be the obvious. I had just
purchased one of Asus's new motherboards, the:
ASUS P5B-E Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
NewEgg Part# N82E16813131070
Which features the Attansic L1 PCI-E Gigabit LAN nic card using the atl1
module which is not in the latest version of Ubuntu, Edgy. I downloaded the
latest version of this driver and got my nic up and running, I thought. I
could actually use the card but it turns out it was fast enough to not know
it surfing the web and ssh in and out of the box but had some serious
problems trying to pass large amounts of data. File transfers where taking
9000 estimated hours for 4 GB of data. I found out about the problems with
the module reading the readme file in with the source code and came to my
own conclusions. I threw in an old 3C905B nic I had laying around and it
worked great. Thanks for the help and I wanted to post in case anyone else
gets the new ASUS motherboard and has network issues.

Allan