[mythtv-users] US ABC AC3 claims 5 channels

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Thu Nov 9 03:11:48 UTC 2006

On Nov 4, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Rich Goodin wrote:

> I'm having difficulty with AC3 passthru on a single channel, US ABC
> (Raleigh, NC). The audio breaks up dramatically and my receiver
> toggles in and out of AC3 mode rapidly. Audio with AC3 passthru works
> fine on my other HD channels. The only thing I have noticed is that
> "mythfrontend -v audio" says that the stream is 5 channels. Other
> channels are 6 or 2.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this with USA ABC? Is there a fix?

I had the same issue with ABC HD in Raleigh from OTA. I'm convinced
MythTV doesn't handle 720p content correctly which is what ABC
broadcasts. I say this because if I tuned OTA ABC with mplayer
outside of MythTV the picture and sound were perfect. :)

Despite my above statement, I also give MythTV props for having
billions of knobs to tweak. Enabling the "Extra audio buffering" (See
Setup -> TV Settings -> Playback -> General Playback) solved my
problem with ABC and didn't affect the other OTA channels one bit.
You might give that a shot.

--
Scott