[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA SP 13000 with DVI-D output from DVI-02 daughter card?

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:09:05 UTC 2006

Chad said:

>In the list in the BIOS, here's what I have with 1.07:
> >640*480
> >800*600
> >1024*768
> >1280*768
> >1200*1024
> >1400*1050
> >1600*1200

Well that's just goovy. Why did VIA say they upgraded the BIOS to handle
16:9 resolutions if they aren't going to offer them up? Or maybe that's just
for boot mode before the OS takes over.

>What I'd suggest to you is to find out the actual resolution your TV
> >uses (1280x720 maybe?) and then find a resolution that is as close to
> >that as possible to allow for minimal scaling.

I seem to recall somewhere that 1280 x 720 was the native resolution, but I
could be mistaken. The front of the set has a label with HDTV 1080i on it.

Then Dave replied:

I have an SP13000, it's hooked up to my Hitatchi Ultravision CRT via VGA to
> component, I run minimyth-0.20-20 (www.linpvr.org) on the frontend and
> boot
> over the network.  I had looked for the DVI-02 card back when I bought the
> SP13000 but couldnt find a place that sold it.  Where did you get yours
> and
> how much did it cost?

www.mini-box.com is where I'll be buying my daughter card + cable. Was $43 +
shipping last time I looked. I'm hoping they'll also have the 1.08 BIOS.
Seems like you only get that version of the BIOS from folks selling the
daughter cards.

I ended up using an Audio Authority 9A60, it cost me a tad over 100$ USD.
> It is a  VGA to Component (Y-Pb-Pr) Transcoder.

I've considered that road too since I have an open input for component video

I run minimyth at 720p with the following modeline
> MM_X_MODELINE='ModeLine "1280x720" 74.5 1280 1344 1472 1664 720 723 728
> 748'
> I've tried 1080i/p but have had no luck, although the hwchip can playback
> 1080i streams with no problem i've read.  I also am not running the newest
> bios 1.08 i think you said.

Thanks for the modeline. I'll try it once I get hooked up with a better
pipeline than SVideo. Where did you snag the 1.08 BIOS and can you send it
to me or make it available somewhere I could download it?

...Kevin