[mythtv-users] myth recordings an hour early (- does not appear to be DST/EPG issues)

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 16:05:46 UTC 2006

I'm having some issues with recordings in Myth - this appears to be
due to some inconsistencies regarding time within myth. The EPG guide
data is correct, and the upcoming recordings are also correct, but
myth is nevertheless consistently recording shows an hour earlier.

Taking a snapshot of some of the times and things going on within my
myth system (these were all taken within minutes of one another)

Real time according to my wristwatch: 1:47am

mythbackend-log: 2006-11-10 01:47:16.329 adding: pveer as a client (events: 0)

Mythweb header: MythWeb: Fri Nov 10, 2006, 02:47 AM
Encoder status: Encoder 1 is local on pveer and is recording: 'Late
Show with David Letterman' on NINE. This recording will end at 2:00
AM.

Watch TV HUD reports 1:47 AM.

So, it's a bit odd - the scheduler seems to be running an hour ahead.
I don't know if this is attempting to account for DST or something,
but I do not have any in my region (the place I am getting my guide
data from does)

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? It's quite frustrating.