[mythtv-users] VFD finetuning

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 18:46:09 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, Peter Carlsson <maillist.peter at home.se> wrote:
> Andrew Lyon wrote:
>
>  > doh, think I diffed the files the wrong way around, sorry about that,
>  > its the first time ive had to make a patch output from my own changes
>  > so bear with me..
>
>  > Andy
>

> Thank you!
>
> As soon as I have the time I will have a look at it.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter Carlsson

No problem, you might want to try reading the number from the main
chip on the vfd unit and googling it, thats how i found a pdf with 3
different character sets, compare what you see with what you expect to
see, if your vfd unit has the wrong character set for your language
you will have to use user defined bitmap characters for the ones that
are missing, im not sure how many you can have in total, it might be
unlimited, I dont know if LCDProc can directly drive the entire
display at pixel level or if the custom characters are uploaded to the
vfd chip and then used in a similar way to the built in ones.

Andy