[mythtv-users] VStream/Kworld DVB card installation

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Nov 9 20:00:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 04:04:44PM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps the v4l kmdl is another option. Can you test it? Thanks!
> >
> Just tried this. The card was recognised, but not as a DVB card. It
> showed up on pretty much everything else in mythtv-setup, but not as a
> DVB card. None of the other options appeared to work
>
> Just gonna have to wait on that kernel. Any ideas when there is likely
> to be an FC5 one available?
>
> This is the one thing stopping me upgrading to FC6 too..

v4l kmdls contain the drivers that are usually submitted to the kernel
a 1-2 months later. So if the v4l kmdls are not working then the
upcoming kernel won't have it working either (unless it is a bug in
v4l which will be fixed until the submission).

I would test the card's functions outside of mythtv first to separate
trouble domains.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net