[mythtv-users] what to do when channel line-up changes

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 08:37:39 UTC 2006

> My (analog) cable provider (Shaw, Canada) recently moved some channels
> around. What is the best way to synchronize with the changes? I have some
> recordings queued for some of these channels - do they need to be
> requeued?

Ha ha, yeah, got boned by the same thing (tried to record Lost, but instead
ended up with an hour of "Your channel lineup has changed, and here's how"
messages from a presumably friendly-looking young woman).  There may be a
better way, but I just deleted the input source and channel lineup and
re-added them.  Fortunately, Zap2It should have properly updated your
lineup, so you should have no issues there.

Brett.