[mythtv-users] MythTV BBC HD DVB-S2

Linus Surguy me at linus.me.uk
Fri Nov 10 09:48:15 UTC 2006

> The BBC HD test channel is broadcast over dvb-s in MPEG4 with MBAFF
> encoding, it is not dvb-s2 (which sky hd channels are), so you can

Ok, but if I wanted to future proof - are there any DVB-S2 cards supported
by linux at the moment?

> You can record, and then transcode to xvid, that works and I did that

That'll keep me happy for the moment (I've already got a Humax HD receiver,
so can use that for real time stuff if I wanted), but can you get Myth to
schedule and process the recordings at least?

Linus